Fear....



Fear in one's self can be the cause of most of the pain in one's life. It is the fear in you that doesn't allow you to have a happy life. Have no, or less fear, and you will be surprised at the results. Look at life brightly, and life will look at you brightly

It was last year when I had to test for Thalassaemia, due to some difficulties I was facing. Waiting outside I was a little nervous. As long as I remember, I feared the NEEDLE. Even seeing it makes me kind of sick. Anyway I was not a kid then. I kept thinking, if I keep thinking it will be pain full, it will be, and if I think otherwise, there will be no pain.


When I entered there were 2 nurses and a boy younger than me. It was him who took blood from me. I showed no expression on my face, and kept thinking that there will be no pain. Sure enough, as I watched the needle go through my skin, I didn't feel any pain. Honestly I was surprised.

Due to some other things, I had to take blood from me for about 4 times that week. Twice from IGMH after taking blood from Thalassaemia Center. Later that week, I was told to redo the Thalassaemia test, from Thalassaemia Center. It seems that they didn't get any results. Well, I thought....'all these times there was no pain, wonder what will happen if I keep thinking there will be pain....'. So that was exactly what I did.

To my horror and surprise, It was painful. My eyes were tear strained. But it was the same boy who took blood from me the first time too. And after reaching home also, the pain didn't go. Dear me...after taking blood 3 times that week, and to get pain this last time.

So I believe there is something in what you believe. It sure is astounding for me. well...if you are interested in my Thalassaemia results, there aren't any. Strange huh? Yeah, for me too! They asked to do some DNA tests, well thats too much, so we let it be...

14 comments:

iecco said...

Hey thats the thing which happened to me too. I also had to do the thalaseemia test and first time they couldn't take blood from me since my blood level is low. After medication, they were able to take some blood from me but then again they told me that they got no results that I have to redo the test. Again I did it but still they got no results and this time they told me to do the DNA Test. So I did the DNA test thing and luckily i got the result this time.
Have u done the DNA test yet? If u want the results then u better do it ingay..
Fear and taking blood watsoever doesnt have a big deal or effect on me since I was born to be spend a lot of time in the hospital hehe..
Anyways cool post fureeku!
Keep postin..

Anonymous said...

Interesting post.. :)

"There's nothing to Fear but Fear Itself"...
So let go of fear and fear will let go of you dho :)

Anonymous said...

u've raised a god issue here...

i donno why the test they do never have results. one i did a blood test to find my blood group (for my ID car.. this was 5 or 6 years back). anyway, after doing the test twice, they couldn't determine my blood group!

then i went to ADK, n they did it with one test.

later i did the thalassaemia test, twice, with no results. they asked to to the DNA test. i was so fedup i never did that DNA test.

damned health service we have in maldives.

The Xostedenzyme said...

*good.. not god ;)

The Xostedenzyme said...

*tests
*once
*card

Anonymous said...

uh oh...hehe..me too..m scared of it...but i hav improved a bit...but nice n strange..dat u r...umm...wat can i say..keke..fahun bunaanan...tc..
nice post..
n im really hapy dat ur sharin ur personal stories wit ur frnds..dats realli nice n kind of u..
keep postin dudez =D

Subtle Hues said...

Its our view about certain things that lead us to form an opinion/image of fear. Once we force ourselves to overcome the delusional 'fear' we don't really feel scared anymore. Thus fear is due to how we perceive things. Well, that's just how I feel.

Btw, I think it's better to do the DNA test rather than wait for the last moment. Even I had to do the DNA test. And believe me, it's worth doing the test.

You've got pretty cool posts here. I keep checking your blog regularly. But something or the other prevents me from commenting. Even tonight, this is the second attempt. Call it my clumsiness or whatever. Anyway, keep more cool posts coming. I'll try my best to comment :$

shweetikle said...

*hmm*
komme bodu ethi fahareh liyefa commentah ves! puchus chus chus! mavaa salam..baaai!

Fureeeeeku! said...

*darkangel* ; is it? so it isnt only me dho? :P

*pixsie* ; thanks, thats an ibraiy theri jumla :D

*nass* ; so there is really a problem there dho? and not in me :).ME too, cant go for DNA tests yet, adhi neynge fahun nukuraanan kameh, halathuge gothun dho engeynee...:D

*aishiiz* ; strange...and umm...tell u later, ne way thanks ^_^

*spark of silence* ; what u feel is right, in my opinion. :D Yeah i also think it is better to do the test. But adhi nuvegen mi ulheny. :( Thanks for trying a 2nd attempt to comment, that was real nice of u. ehen meehen nama furathama nuvyma dhen alhaa nulaane. hehe. Real nice of u to read my posts, and to think that they r cool. THANKS

*shweeeeet!* ; ...... :| <---- that means no comment, as i myslef dont know what she has written there :s

manippulhu said...

fureeku . dhon kalo mashah ves dhefaharu dhinee dhekulaage kaadu .. kekeke furathama dhinee fiyaathosi dhen fahun hudhu.. anekka dhevanafaharah mikolhah aissa dhen yageen kohllan test kohllee.. heheh hama hudhu card eh libunee. kekeke

.mini said...

i was never afraid of needles :S
i did it once and got my results.. thats good i guess :S

Anonymous said...

^ me too i was never afraid of needles - in fact i loved seein them takin the blood out of my arm
(i was about 8 years old then)

Nynaeve Al' Meara said...

Me no fear no needles...me love em'..tee hee...but I am afraid of heights...:(

Anonymous said...

oooh..loaadsa ppl had to do the DNA test eh? i was told by somebody [when i complained very loudly about the price] that the normal results dont show due to some thingy lackin in ur blood..or was it increasing? dunnoo..anyway cheers! i didnt do the test. lol