My sister....


Being the eldest brings happy emotions to me...many emotions. With 2 other younger bros, I have been living.

Since I became mature enough, enough to understand the life, the events happening around me...I had wanted a sister. A sibling sister. I hear some of my friends talking about their sisters. As I was in Majeedhiyya, I hear these stories quite often. Well, their are some times talks which you won't call so nice, but common. Like "kokko set kohdheyn v nu". Well, honestly, I don't have , didn't have, and surely will not have any of those thoughts. But I had wanted a sister.

I hear stories from few girl friends too. [NOTE: That is not Gf....it is female friends]. I listen in awe to their stories, of how they admire their brothers. How their brothers had helped them, how they have shared secrets with them, secrets from their own parents. I think it was cool. Ever since I began to understand...I wanted a sis. To help her. To share secrets. To tease. To cry with. To laugh with. To laugh at.

It was the year 2005 when I knew my mother was pregnant. I thought..."no wonder both parents were so happy lately". Well, as you may have guessed, I was happy. Very happy. I hoped it would be a girl this time.

One of my younger brothers have died in her womb, few months before birth. It was the brother next to me. She didn't give birth to him. Cesarean was done. She was in dad's island, and didn't get much medical treatment. She tells that she told repeatedly to the health assistants that there was no movement in her belly...she blamed them. I also blame them. I don't remember those days, guess I was too young.

As this incident also had happened, and it was a boy....she haven't got a girl all together... Every time after prayers, I have prayed repeatedly..."Oh God!...please let it be a girl this time....please..!" Before the waiting time came...I had so much imagination going on inside me....all these years hope. My parents dreams. I actually didn't know how I felt....

Days passed....and one day after coming home from a scanning session, she told that the doctors informed that it was a girl. Well...u know how that would make us feel. But we never believed it 100%. There was a little doubt. It is god who is responsible for these things...and there just might be a fault with the machine.....who knows....only god knows...

Finally the day came...she was in labor room. Dad was with her. I was in charge of my two brothers. Dad didn't even call even in the afternoon. Guess he was too happy to give the news. That evening a sister (dhuru dhatha eh) came and told us to get ready to visit my mom. We were excited. We got ready and went. She was in IGMH.

Walking along the corridor...towards the wards...my heart kept drumming in my chest....[it is right now even, as i am writing this part]. We entered the ward. There were so many people around my mothers bed. Some from my mothers island. Some from my fathers island. Some their friends.

I stopped in my tracks. THERE WAS NO BABY. They were all CRYING!!! I wasn't unconscious...but I wasn't conscious either...I was in a daze till I came to villingili that night...didn't even notice the ferry. I was too sad to stop crying in front of all those people...neither were my mom and dad. She got a girl....and the girl died.

I did go to her funeral...there was no kashu namadhu, as she didn't breath through her nose....yes, she died 2-3 hours before birth. The doctors are to be blamed. They had repeatedly tried, and sent her home, while she was saying that she felt pain in her stomach. At funeral I was a little calm...but at the moment dad put the cotton piece on her face...I just couldn't hold back. I cried and sobbed.

All my dreams....shattered. All my hopes... Just think how my parents would have felt. All these years hope....

But you will be there right? You may not have seen this world....but You are there right? You didn't see us....still you saw us right? Please tell me....tell me you will be there for us....tell me you will meet us....there is a day....Oh! God....Please let us meet her...she is not dead in me...I'm sure she is alive in my parents heart too....please....say that you love us too....I will never forget you....I love you sister!..........I love you.....

53 comments:

shweetikle said...

alheyy..alheyyy..dhennnnn!! loaabikannn..hama aslah ves rovihje =s
*hugsss*

Anonymous said...

Touching :) -z

Anonymous said...

Alhey.....

Anonymous said...

...............

Anonymous said...

:( ......:'(

Unknown said...

oh igmh ppl sucks!!

ant dnt worry ur momma and apa can get another baby ennu..by the way that lil angel will be a butterfly in paradise

Anonymous said...

wow very touching ....... bring tears to my eyes .....

rifu...da gr8... said...

awwwww!!!
v.touchin....
ull meet her oneday...insha Allah....for sure dho???

keep postinnn...

Anonymous said...

Sorreeeeeeee............. soreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......
it's nt my fault yet i'm sorry........ I can imagine how u'd feel wen u lose the one you love most after almost getting him/her. Soooooooo im reallly sorreeeeeeee....

sucksex said...

all v can do is juz pray...v juz hav to wait!!!

Naziya said...

so touchin... n so painful... m sorry tooo =(

Anonymous said...

Touching...
I guess it must be nice to have a sis
I dunno...
I dun have either a bro or sis
But I feel sorry for you
That was really brave of you to put it out here
Good start :)

Fureeeeeku! said...

*shweeeeet*: hugs to u too...thanks

*anonymous*: thanks for ur comment

*haakko*: thanks

*samah*: thanks

*shifaq*: thanks

*perky*: u r right...thanks

*shai*: thanks for ur comment

*rifu...da gr8...*: insha alllah....yeah, and thanks

*mun mun*: aww....thats sweet of u, thanks

*sucksex*: yeah...i will be patient, insha allah, n thanks

*naziya*: thanks

*spark of silence*: thanks....

foniboki said...

I wish next one will stay with you, whether its a bro or a sis. Hopefully it will be your sister!

Anonymous said...

*hug*
i always wanted an older brother..for the same reason u want a younger sister.. funny isnt it? but alas.. im the oldest..

iecco said...

aawwww...u made me cry...that was realli touchin... i was in tears wen i read the last sentence... dont worry she is happily flying as an angels in the heaven.. you'll meet her and then u can stay forever dont loose hope dear..you might get a sister even. pray to god! nothing is impossible!

Anonymous said...

alhey hon, thats so touching so painful... kiriyaa work ga indhefa nurovunee... lovely post...!!

Anonymous said...

ver emotional..btw nice blog..so unique not like the other blogs.:D but this blog reminds me of Matrix:S maybe coz it's black n fluorescent green? hehe:P neways keep blogging :D

© ɐ ɯ ɐ s said...

very touching..sorry 4 u...one day ul meet her insha allah!

Anonymous said...

so emotional..n painful too...awwww m so sorii...*hugzz* cheer up swyts..evrythings gona oki koki =D iradha kureviyya adhi meet vaane..
asluves IGMH ga bodu undaguleh..ehen meehunge feelings nudhanna baeh..v foohiveyyy*thun anburaafa* anyway.. nice..u reali mad me cry..i know how i feel..n i hav a luvin bro..n i know he reaaalli luvs me..hehe..
keep postin...

Anonymous said...

btw..loabi pic ehh...shooo cuteezzz=D

Anonymous said...

awww, really really very touchin =| iv always wanted a elder bro too, anw, real neat post., hopefully you'll get a sister someday =D see you arnd

Fureeeeeku! said...

*foniboki*: that is encouraging...insha allah, yes

*bulhaa*: 'hug' to u too....coincidence dho?

*darkangel*: thanks....i won't lose hope

*finifenmaa*: thanks

*anonymous*: i havn't even thought of matrix while making this blog, must be coincidence [aslu comment fenigen google kollyma enguny ves, u c, i dont watch movies :$]. thanks, i just wanted it to b unique :)

*tinkerrrbell*: insha allah, yes. thanks

*aishiiz*: 'hugzz' to u too. thanks, u r lucky i would say :)

*hyshe*: insha allah, yes. thanks

Anonymous said...

tht was soo touchin n emotional...Insha Allah u n ur family will meet her in Jannah. Strive hard n u will meet her Insha Allah...

ab said...

I'm sorry... Really...
May God let her be with u in heaven! Amen....

Nynaeve Al' Meara said...

My deepest condolences are with you and your family:'(
I can imagine how you wish she was alive and with you...
I lost a lil brother just like that...I was 12 then and I still miss him...As I believe everything happens for a good cause...but the grieving will continue...it will heal with time:)
May you meet your lil sis in heaven.ameen:)

Ruba said...

I have a little sister... though she's annoying as hell sometimes, i dunno what I'd do without her...

Time will heal... take care

Anonymous said...

it was really effective!
Deeeepest sympathy n condolences!
wish ya all da luck *shmile*

Anonymous said...

it really is sad.boooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo
*hugz*
aniway i like it *hugz*
shmaile

Anonymous said...

hama asluves rovihje........

Fureeeeeku! said...

*anonymous*: thanks, insha allah yes

*waylander*: insha allah yes, thanks

*nynaeve al' meara*: its nice that u know how it would feel, thanks

*velvette storme *: u r lucky, thanks btw

*anonymous*: how do u mean effective?? btw thanks

*anonymous*: 'hugz' to u too, thanks

*anonymous*: oh!... btw thanks

.mini said...

hi fureeku ^.^ nice post.. dunno what to say aslu.. ...

~ange|~ said...

aww.. so sorry to hear tht... the story made me cry. and yeh its true ... its grt to be a sis n have bros...elder n young doesn't matter... i got a load of them n i love each one so much... onetym i had to be away from home for like a month n my brothers were missed most.. i missed their teasin n everything..
insha allah u'd get a sis someday...
n also ur sis wud be watchin from above n prayin for u guys:D
hugs tc

R0$3@tE said...

hey blogger... dont feel so bad about it. just hang in there and look behind you... we are right here for you dhoa.

and abt the sis...am really sorry you had to lose her ingey... i have always wanted an older bro (guess me and bulhaa have that in common dhoa) so y dont you be my bro for me... but theres one lil prob: are you older or younger than me?? *-) tc ingey

Anonymous said...

damn, dude.
this is really sad.

i can understand how much u wanted a sibling. i was an only child until i was 18... then i got a lil baby sister who's the apple of my eye now...

Inan said...

god! You got onions in here o' sumthing? sniff..
Damn.. you really made me cry. Nyways m reall sorry for yah.. It must have felt really bad..
FUCK
I-nsaanun
G-gasthuga
M-maraa
H-ospital
ppl.
Hope you get a little sister one day, with allahs blessing.. :)
All we can do is pray. Allah ensured us that he would answer each of our prayers if we are obediant to him, be patient and have faith in him. If you do, your lord will show you his miracles...
Dont ever loose hope dear. Its slamming the door in the face of god. He also said that infants who die pure sinless will be in heaven.. So be happy for your sister.. she is in heaven..where she will find eternal happiness. a life which makes this life a piece of dirt. She is happier there.. Shes waiting for you there.. shes smiling.. So do good deeds and obey ur lord. so that one day.. which may even be tomorow for you.. you will meet your innocent lil sister, smile..hold her hand...and tell her how much you love her :) You dont need to cry as long as there is hope do yah ;)

ps. Good start! You made all ur frends cry lol! varah asarugadha ihyaa kurumuge jalsaa eh ;)

Anonymous said...

heyy.. thizz is realyy verii touchingg.. i wish i had bro like uu.. :|

Fureeeeeku! said...

thank you all...really thanks

strange aLice said...

well alhey wud be d exact word dat wud come to al. felt real sad wen i read dat. insha Allah someday soon ur swyt fam wil be blesd with a lil gal.

Anonymous said...

Im sure one day in heaven you'll meet her,insha Allah, I'll pray for you

Anonymous said...

well.. i dunno wat to say. ur story was very touchin. it almost made me cry..

i wish i had a bro like u. bt unfortunatly i also dont hav a bro. i hav a sis who is a pian in da butt.. hehe
i hope sumday ur dream wud cum true..

Forgiven said...

alheyyy... u really mad me cry... *hugs*
i su have 1 bro... and i really luv him loads... and he too share things wit me... insha allah ull get a lil sis sumday.. keep faith in god...

and this time im gonna give u the eye roll u keep givin mini..*eye roll* hehe.. just for fun ingey
tc dear

fathun.. said...

i cudnt stop readin til i reached the end....truly touched my heart...felt like reading ur diary..

may god bless her..

Anonymous said...

sniff* sniff* u made me cry soo hard... hugz* im soo sorry... sooo touchin... insha allah u ll meet her in heaven..tc...

WritingsForLife said...

I don't have a brother and for the longest time, I wanted a brother... trying to search for him in other people... in my male friends... but that hasn't happened... sometimes some things are just not meant to be.

I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

its so touching... im jst abt to cry. insha allah u wil get a sis soon.n she wud b the luckiest sis... so lucky to hv a bro like u.

ummkhadheeja said...

everythin happens 4 the best n Allah knows the wisdom behind it so think positive.............if u dont get a younger sis insha Allah u may get a beutiful dauhter somday or maybe both..........put ur trust in Allah n never loose hope in HIM....HEs the all knowing all wise

callι guяl said...

im really sorry...i know how u must have felt. my mother did tell me that my brother died. but i didnt beleve her at all. but when i walked into the funeral, when i saw him lying there...i went so blank. so cold. so numb.

im sure your sister knows how much you loved her and love her. and im sure she loves you just as much. and shes out there looking at you and ure family. shes stll with you. and she will meet you, someday.

god bless your sister, and brother too. and may god bless her with heaven.
amen

callι guяl said...

and pastes shweets comment too.

Fureeeeeku! said...

thanks guys. it may be late for me to reply, but thanks..

Anonymous said...

hei hei... look you may not know me but i know you well.. pretty much..dont feel bad..cry al you want cuz i did too but rembr that your lil sis is up thr with god in heaven..i bet she is looking at you.and i bet shes loving you more than anybody else could.and that she'll b full of pride n joy knowing she got u 4 a bro...rmbr dat she rather c you smile than sad...tgc

Anonymous said...

Heart rendering piece...a girl is very much near to everyone's heart..be it her mother, brother, father or sis..
This article should be viewed by those parents who kill the girl knowingly..then let it be if they dont need that girl..there are others who would do anything to have a girl..., a girl who is a sis or a daughter...a very important part of e'one's life:)

Anonymous said...

that was real heart breaking, im cryin for real,
but then, lyf is heart breaking
u r a real brave brother, loving brother.